BY Julie Bolcer
February 03 2010 9:00 AM ET
A new Daily Kos/Research 2000 delivers some extreme results on how self-identified Republicans feel about gay rights. Vast majorities of Republicans said they do not feel that gays and lesbians should be allowed to serve in the military, marry, receive federal or state benefits, or teach in public schools.
According to the Daily Kos, the poll was conducted by calling 2,003 self-identified Republicans nationwide between January 20 and 31. Notwithstanding the wisdom of putting gay rights up for debate in a poll, here are the relevant questions and results:
Should openly gay men and women be allowed to serve in the military?
Not Sure 19%
Should same-sex couples be allowed to marry?
Not Sure 16%
Should gay couples receive any state or federal benefits?
Not Sure 21%
Should openly gay men and women be allowed to teach in public schools?
Not Sure 19%
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights December 08 2013 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM