BY Advocate.com Editors
February 23 2010 9:25 PM ET
Democrats in West Virginia’s house of delegates Tuesday shot down an attempt by Republicans to advance a proposed amendment to the state constitution banning same-sex marriage.
GOP delegates were unsuccessful in trying to force a floor vote on the Marriage Protection Amendment.
Click here to read the full story.
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- WATCH: Kids React to Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
- WATCH: Ted Cruz, Glenn Beck Think Marriage Equality Has Destroyed the Constitution