BY Advocate.com Editors
February 23 2010 9:25 PM ET
Democrats in West Virginia’s house of delegates Tuesday shot down an attempt by Republicans to advance a proposed amendment to the state constitution banning same-sex marriage.
GOP delegates were unsuccessful in trying to force a floor vote on the Marriage Protection Amendment.
Click here to read the full story.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word