BY Julie Bolcer
March 04 2010 9:45 AM ET
Three 24-year-olds in San Francisco have been charged with firing a BB gun at the face of a man they believed was gay. The attack was captured on a videotape found by police.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Mohammad Habibzada, Shafiq Hashemi, and Sayed Bassam are scheduled to be arraigned Thursday in San Francisco superior court. They are free on $50,000 bond apiece.
“The victim of Friday's attack was walking on the 3200 block of 16th Street near Guerrero Street about 10 p.m. when a car pulled up and someone inside opened fire with a BB rifle, police said,” the Chronicle reported.
The victim, who refused medical treatment, reported the attack to the police, who pulled over a car matching his description. A video camera was found inside the car. Police say there is evidence to show that the men targeted additional people for shootings because they too were believed to be gay.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'