Michaels Blindsided by "Divorce" Papers
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 03 2010 12:10 PM ET
Melissa Etheridge filed paperwork Friday in a Los Angeles court to officially dissolve her domestic partnership with Tammy Lynn Michaels, according to TMZ.
The couple announced their separation in April. The couple held a commitment ceremony in 2003 and registered a domestic partnership in August 2005.
In 2006, Michaels gave birth to twins from an anonymous sperm donor.
According to court documents, Etheridge cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split. She is seeking joint custody of their 3-year-old children.
Michaels took to her blog Saturday morning, writing in a poem that she felt "blindsided" by Etheridge.
FILE FOR DIVORCE!!!!!!
even though we both promised
no filing until after tour
in the fall"
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM