Katy Perry Loves "California Gays"
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 07 2010 3:10 PM ET
Pop singer Katy Perry is a fan of the newest YouTube take on her hit
“I really love 'California Gays,'” she said in an upcoming interview with Brandon Voss for The Advocate. “It's hysterical. I love it when they do the fight between the East Coast and the West Coast — I still don't know how they made it look like the car ran those guys over. I mean, these are like actual filmmakers, so it's awesome. For me, what signifies that a song works is when cheerleaders are making up cheers to it or when people are making parodies of it, putting in their own personal time and sometimes money to make a video and put it on YouTube. That's when I really know a song is going to be of some value.”
Watch the "California Gays" video below:
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses