Katy Perry Loves "California Gays"
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 07 2010 3:10 PM ET
Pop singer Katy Perry is a fan of the newest YouTube take on her hit
“I really love 'California Gays,'” she said in an upcoming interview with Brandon Voss for The Advocate. “It's hysterical. I love it when they do the fight between the East Coast and the West Coast — I still don't know how they made it look like the car ran those guys over. I mean, these are like actual filmmakers, so it's awesome. For me, what signifies that a song works is when cheerleaders are making up cheers to it or when people are making parodies of it, putting in their own personal time and sometimes money to make a video and put it on YouTube. That's when I really know a song is going to be of some value.”
Watch the "California Gays" video below:
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'