Ben Cohen's Jockstrap Benefits Gays
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 03 2010 5:05 PM ET
Rugby star Ben Cohen donated a signed jockstrap to a fund-raiser for U.K.-based Gay Men Fighting AIDS, and it managed to raise $460 for the organization.
“I am happy to support this year’s GMFA/RVT Gay Sports Day,” Cohen said in a statement the day before the event. “Sport is an important part of my life, and it’s great to see a community come together and enjoy sport in such a fun and accessible way. Plus it raises vital funds for the important work carried out by GMFA and the other charities which will benefit from the day.”
Cohen has long been a vocal supporter of gay rights and has even appeared in a number of U.K.-based gay publications. The rugby player also donated other items to the auction, but figures for those items are not yet available.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Democrats and Republicans Alike Wary of Virginia's Radical Lt. Gov. Nominee
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 39 min 24 sec ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 55 min 44 sec ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 1 hour 18 min ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 2 hours 9 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 2 hours 52 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 3:13 PM
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 3:00 PM