Ben Cohen's Jockstrap Benefits Gays
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 03 2010 5:05 PM ET
Rugby star Ben Cohen donated a signed jockstrap to a fund-raiser for U.K.-based Gay Men Fighting AIDS, and it managed to raise $460 for the organization.
“I am happy to support this year’s GMFA/RVT Gay Sports Day,” Cohen said in a statement the day before the event. “Sport is an important part of my life, and it’s great to see a community come together and enjoy sport in such a fun and accessible way. Plus it raises vital funds for the important work carried out by GMFA and the other charities which will benefit from the day.”
Cohen has long been a vocal supporter of gay rights and has even appeared in a number of U.K.-based gay publications. The rugby player also donated other items to the auction, but figures for those items are not yet available.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM