Ben Cohen's Jockstrap Benefits Gays
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 03 2010 5:05 PM ET
Rugby star Ben Cohen donated a signed jockstrap to a fund-raiser for U.K.-based Gay Men Fighting AIDS, and it managed to raise $460 for the organization.
“I am happy to support this year’s GMFA/RVT Gay Sports Day,” Cohen said in a statement the day before the event. “Sport is an important part of my life, and it’s great to see a community come together and enjoy sport in such a fun and accessible way. Plus it raises vital funds for the important work carried out by GMFA and the other charities which will benefit from the day.”
Cohen has long been a vocal supporter of gay rights and has even appeared in a number of U.K.-based gay publications. The rugby player also donated other items to the auction, but figures for those items are not yet available.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- 2014's Gayest Cities in America
- These Are the U.S. Trans Women Killed in 2015