Men Break Guinness Kiss Record
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 19 2010 12:05 PM ET
Two men attempting to break the Guinness world record for longest kiss have succeeded, locking lips for more than 33 hours and raising awareness of gay rights.
"I don't really know what to say," Bobby Canciello said after the kiss was complete. "I just kinda want to go to bed."
"Advocate love," they both screamed shortly after.
Matty Daley and Bobby Canciello (pictured, from left) locked lips on Saturday morning, and they kept it up until Sunday at 8:06 p.m. The two kissed to raised awareness for their “Our Lips Are Sealed” campaign, which supports LGBTQ equal rights.
They each have boyfriends — not each other — but in August said it’s nothing more than a kiss between two men, and in their eyes, an attempt to challenge social norms. Both are students at the College of New Jersey in Ewing, N.J.
Friends of Matty and Bobby took turns talking to viewers while the boys kissed. According to people on site, no judges for Guinness were actually in attendance, but they will review a video tape of the kiss at a later date.
Check out their Facebook page and watch here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Students Silence Antigay Preacher With Song of Love