Italian Singer Tiziano Ferro: I'm Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 06 2010 11:45 PM ET
Italian pop star Tiziano Ferro comes out in the new issue of Italy's Vanity Fair, saying he’s spent many years not feeling good about himself and hopes being open will lead to a better way of life.
“For a long time I haven't felt good about myself...and after many tough years...I've come to the conclusion that I want to live better,” he said.
Italian tabloids had published stories in recent months linking Ferro to a mystery man. Ferro said the articles hurt, but not because he was worried about being outed.
“I would get very upset because I wished I had a boyfriend, but I had no one,” he said.
Ferro has released four studio albums since his debut in 2002, his latest, 2008’s Alla Mia Età, going 10x platinum in Italy and selling more than 500,000 copies. His albums have hit number one in Italy, Mexico and Switzerland and he's collaborated with Mary J. Blige, Kelly Rowland and Laura Pausini, among others.
His autobiography is due in bookstores in Italy by the end of the year.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 7:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM