Italian Singer Tiziano Ferro: I'm Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 06 2010 11:45 PM ET
Italian pop star Tiziano Ferro comes out in the new issue of Italy's Vanity Fair, saying he’s spent many years not feeling good about himself and hopes being open will lead to a better way of life.
“For a long time I haven't felt good about myself...and after many tough years...I've come to the conclusion that I want to live better,” he said.
Italian tabloids had published stories in recent months linking Ferro to a mystery man. Ferro said the articles hurt, but not because he was worried about being outed.
“I would get very upset because I wished I had a boyfriend, but I had no one,” he said.
Ferro has released four studio albums since his debut in 2002, his latest, 2008’s Alla Mia Età, going 10x platinum in Italy and selling more than 500,000 copies. His albums have hit number one in Italy, Mexico and Switzerland and he's collaborated with Mary J. Blige, Kelly Rowland and Laura Pausini, among others.
His autobiography is due in bookstores in Italy by the end of the year.
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage 31 min 41 sec ago
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual 40 min 58 sec ago
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? 1 hour 45 min ago
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary 2 hours 18 min ago
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! 2 hours 38 min ago
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse 4:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 4:07 PM