Franco May Play Mapplethorpe
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 15 2010 11:15 AM ET
James Franco would add yet another performance as a real-life icon to his résumé if he takes on the role of photographer Robert Mapplethorpe in a proposed film biography, according to website Showbiz411. During a Q&A session while Franco was promoting his latest film, 127 Hours, documentary filmmaker Ondi Tinomer asked Franco if he would be interested in playing Mapplethorpe in a project she's developing. "I'm your man," Franco responded. Timoner hopes to cast French actress-singer Charlotte Gainsbourg as Mapplethorpe's close friend, punk rock performer Patti Smith.
Franco has previously portrayed actor James Dean, poet Allen Ginsberg, and Harvey Milk's lover Scott Smith. 127 Hours, in which he plays Aron Ralston, the hiker who made headlines when forced to amputate his own arm, will open in theaters in November.
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen March 06 2014 5:48 PM
- Politics Here's Why Facebook Is Sponsoring Right-Wing CPAC March 06 2014 5:12 PM
- Media News Anchor on Russia's RT Network Quits Job on Air in Protest March 06 2014 4:34 PM