Fired Oregon Teacher Speaks Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2010 11:00 AM ET
Seth Stambaugh, the Oregon teacher fired after he told a fourth-grader that he was not married because he is gay, spoke out in an interview for the first time.
Towleroad.com reports that Stambaugh spoke with Portland station KGW and talked about feeling hurt and his desire to return to his teaching career. The decision rests with the superintendent. Some parents interviewed expressed support for Stambaugh.
Watch the video.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment