Fired Oregon Teacher Speaks Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2010 11:00 AM ET
Seth Stambaugh, the Oregon teacher fired after he told a fourth-grader that he was not married because he is gay, spoke out in an interview for the first time.
Towleroad.com reports that Stambaugh spoke with Portland station KGW and talked about feeling hurt and his desire to return to his teaching career. The decision rests with the superintendent. Some parents interviewed expressed support for Stambaugh.
Watch the video.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Speak 1 min 25 sec ago
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 37 min 57 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 47 min 39 sec ago
- Sports Robbie Rogers Returns as First Openly Gay Footballer 1 hour 26 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM