Fired Oregon Teacher Speaks Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2010 11:00 AM ET
Seth Stambaugh, the Oregon teacher fired after he told a fourth-grader that he was not married because he is gay, spoke out in an interview for the first time.
Towleroad.com reports that Stambaugh spoke with Portland station KGW and talked about feeling hurt and his desire to return to his teaching career. The decision rests with the superintendent. Some parents interviewed expressed support for Stambaugh.
Watch the video.
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- PHOTOS: Let's Take a Long Look at Long Beach Pride