Fired Oregon Teacher Speaks Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2010 10:00 AM ET
Seth Stambaugh, the Oregon teacher fired after he told a fourth-grader that he was not married because he is gay, spoke out in an interview for the first time.
Towleroad.com reports that Stambaugh spoke with Portland station KGW and talked about feeling hurt and his desire to return to his teaching career. The decision rests with the superintendent. Some parents interviewed expressed support for Stambaugh.
Watch the video.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View