Fired Oregon Teacher Speaks Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2010 11:00 AM ET
Seth Stambaugh, the Oregon teacher fired after he told a fourth-grader that he was not married because he is gay, spoke out in an interview for the first time.
Towleroad.com reports that Stambaugh spoke with Portland station KGW and talked about feeling hurt and his desire to return to his teaching career. The decision rests with the superintendent. Some parents interviewed expressed support for Stambaugh.
Watch the video.
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Meet the Iowa Lesbians Finally Married After 72 Years
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media