Fired Oregon Teacher Speaks Out
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2010 10:00 AM ET
Seth Stambaugh, the Oregon teacher fired after he told a fourth-grader that he was not married because he is gay, spoke out in an interview for the first time.
Towleroad.com reports that Stambaugh spoke with Portland station KGW and talked about feeling hurt and his desire to return to his teaching career. The decision rests with the superintendent. Some parents interviewed expressed support for Stambaugh.
Watch the video.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM