American Apparel Reaches Out to Students
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2010 12:55 PM ET
Clothing retailer American Apparel has shipped 500 of its "Legalize Gay" shirts to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater after a student was attacked while wearing one of the tees.
A freshman student was wearing the shirt in September when she was punched in the face and called a gay slur by two men. According to The Gazette, neither of the suspects have been identified.
The shirts went to IMPACT, a student organization, to be given away on campus. American Apparel also bought a one-page advertisement in the school newspaper condemning the attack.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker December 11 2013 6:45 PM
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? December 11 2013 6:44 PM
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards December 11 2013 6:03 PM