American Apparel Reaches Out to Students
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2010 12:55 PM ET
Clothing retailer American Apparel has shipped 500 of its "Legalize Gay" shirts to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater after a student was attacked while wearing one of the tees.
A freshman student was wearing the shirt in September when she was punched in the face and called a gay slur by two men. According to The Gazette, neither of the suspects have been identified.
The shirts went to IMPACT, a student organization, to be given away on campus. American Apparel also bought a one-page advertisement in the school newspaper condemning the attack.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 24 min 28 sec ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 50 min 16 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 55 min 19 sec ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 1 hour 18 min ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 1 hour 20 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 2 hours 22 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 2 hours 26 min ago