American Apparel Reaches Out to Students
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2010 1:55 PM ET
Clothing retailer American Apparel has shipped 500 of its "Legalize Gay" shirts to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater after a student was attacked while wearing one of the tees.
A freshman student was wearing the shirt in September when she was punched in the face and called a gay slur by two men. According to The Gazette, neither of the suspects have been identified.
The shirts went to IMPACT, a student organization, to be given away on campus. American Apparel also bought a one-page advertisement in the school newspaper condemning the attack.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- BREAKING: This Year's Michigan Womyn's Music Festival Will Be the Last
- Arkansas At War With Itself Over LGBT Rights
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married