American Apparel Reaches Out to Students
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2010 1:55 PM ET
Clothing retailer American Apparel has shipped 500 of its "Legalize Gay" shirts to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater after a student was attacked while wearing one of the tees.
A freshman student was wearing the shirt in September when she was punched in the face and called a gay slur by two men. According to The Gazette, neither of the suspects have been identified.
The shirts went to IMPACT, a student organization, to be given away on campus. American Apparel also bought a one-page advertisement in the school newspaper condemning the attack.
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- Clemson University Fans Tell Football Coach to Punt Antigay Fundraiser
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- How About a President Rick Santorum?