Dr. Laura Staying on Radio
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 26 2010 6:05 PM ET
Well, that didn’t take long.
Three months after announcing she would sign of from her current radio show at the end of the year in the wake of her now-infamous n word rant, Dr. Laura Schlessinger will debut a new three-hour radio show on Sirius XM in January.
The Associated Press reports Dr. Laura will begin her show on Sirius XM January 3, three days after signing off from her current radio show.
Dr. Laura apologized her use of the n word in August and announced on Larry King Live that she decided not to renew her contract when it expires this year because she doesn’t want her opinions, however provocative, to be muzzled.
“I want to regain my First Amendment rights,” she said on the show. “I want to be able to say what’s on my mind and in my heart and what I think is helpful and useful without somebody getting angry, some special interest group deciding this is the time to silence a voice of dissent and attack affiliates, attack sponsors. I’m sort of done with that.”
Schlessinger is no stranger to controversy. In 2000 gay activists launched StopDrLaura.com after she referred to homosexuality as a “biological error.” Further, she said, “a huge portion of the male homosexual populace is predatory on young boys.”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM