LeAnn Rimes and The Gay Men’s Chorus Celebrate Xmas
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 20 2010 9:00 PM ET
LeAnn Rimes donned a skimpy Santa dress and sang with the Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles Sunday afternoon at the group’s annual Christmas show.
With boyfriend Eddie Cibrian and family members in the audience to cheer her on, the country star sang “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” and the ballad “All I Want for Christmas Is You.”
She changed into something a bit less revealing for her final song, which she dedicated to all of the gay and lesbian teens who have taken their lives this year. The singer burst into tears and almost couldn’t finish her speech as she said, “We should all be loved for exactly who we are.”
Rimes then sat on a stool and sang “The Rose” with the chorus on backup.
Rimes later tweeted pictures of herself and the elves backstage, saying she’d been made an honorary member of the chorus.
“Wow, a beautiful night! My heart broke and I almost couldn't sing as I spoke about the young gay men and women who have taken their lives this year. It Gets Better!!!!”
Earlier this year, the Gay Men's Chorus released an "It Gets Better" video of them singing "True Colors."
- Arts & Entertainment Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Matt Bomer 5 min 45 sec ago
- Pride Cast Your Vote for SF Pride's Grand Marshal 9 min 9 sec ago
- World Two LGBT Activists Arrested in Zimbabwe 1 hour 8 min ago
- Parenting Weekly Q&A With @GayAtHomeDad 2 hours 29 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth 7:00 AM
- Current Issue Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly 6:01 AM
- Transgender Do New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Detainees? 5:53 AM