Sean Avery Gets Naked for Marc Jacobs
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 27 2011 4:35 PM ET
New York Rangers player Sean Avery shed his padding to advocate skin cancer prevention for designer Marc Jacobs.
Standing fully nude, Avery covers only his genitals for a T-shirt that says, "Protect Your Largest Organ," referring to the skin. The shirt is part of the Protect the Skin You're In campaign; other celebrity participants include Heidi Klum, Rufus Wainwright, and Victoria Beckham.
Jacobs released the images of Avery and others on colored T-shirts to raise money for medical research at the New York University Cancer Institute at NYU Langone Medical Center. According to its Facebook page, the fund-raising effort has already raised more than $1 million for NYU's School of Medicine's Interdisciplinary Melanoma Cooperative Group.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens