Sean Avery Gets Naked for Marc Jacobs
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 27 2011 4:35 PM ET
New York Rangers player Sean Avery shed his padding to advocate skin cancer prevention for designer Marc Jacobs.
Standing fully nude, Avery covers only his genitals for a T-shirt that says, "Protect Your Largest Organ," referring to the skin. The shirt is part of the Protect the Skin You're In campaign; other celebrity participants include Heidi Klum, Rufus Wainwright, and Victoria Beckham.
Jacobs released the images of Avery and others on colored T-shirts to raise money for medical research at the New York University Cancer Institute at NYU Langone Medical Center. According to its Facebook page, the fund-raising effort has already raised more than $1 million for NYU's School of Medicine's Interdisciplinary Melanoma Cooperative Group.
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- WATCH: Men Claim Mailman Won't Deliver Because They're Gay
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- The Hidden Message in Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings