Man Accused of Killing Boy He Thought Was Gay
BY Neal Broverman
July 08 2011 5:20 PM ET
A possible cult leader in North Carolina is accused of shooting to death his 4-year-old stepson because he believed he was gay.
Peter Lucas Moses, 27, may face the death penalty if he's found guilty of the murder of Jadon Higganbothan; Moses is also being charged with the killing of Antoinetta Yvonne McKoy, a 28-year-old woman. Moses was a religious extremist who found homosexuality an abomination and believed the young boy was gay. Moses lived in a one-room home with three women and nine children; it's believed McKoy was killed because she tried to escape from the house.
The deaths of Higganbothan and McKoy came to the attention of North Carolina authorities after another one of the women living with Moses escaped and told them two deaths occurred at the crowded home. According to the witness, the other women were complicit in the deaths of Higganbothan and McKoy, whose remains were found in June. Higganbothan's mother, 25-year-old Vania Rae Sisk, was living at the house and is being charged in connection with his death.
Read more here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 29 min 20 sec ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 1 hour 8 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM