Angry Gays Make Sally Kern Fear for Life
BY Trudy Ring
October 12 2011 4:53 PM ET
Oklahoma state representative Sally Kern, who has called gays more dangerous than terrorists, apparently means that literally — she recently said she believes her antigay stances could put her life in jeopardy.
Kern, appearing Monday on the conservative religious radio show WallBuilders Live, told hosts David Barton and Rick Green that “fear gripped my whole body” when she realized she was receiving angry emails from gay people after a video of her remarks about gays and terrorists was posted online in March 2008.
Green commented that her reaction was likely “physical fear” rather than merely “political fear,” and she responded that she and her husband “asked ourselves the question, are we willing to even lose our lives over this?”
Kern was promoting her book, The Stoning of Sally Kern, which has been endorsed by Anita Bryant and other antigay activists. Listen to the exchange at People for the American Way’s Right Wing Watch blog.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- WATCH: Travis Wall Brings Same-Sex Couples to So You Think You Can Dance