NOM Spokeswoman and Radio Host Claim Fight Against Hedonism, Sacrificial Sex
BY Michelle Garcia
May 29 2012 6:49 PM ET
A radio host and a spokeswoman for the National Organization for Marriage agreed that the devil takes delight in homosexuality because it causes the downfall of society.
NOM's Jennifer Roback Morse stopped by Richard Land Live over the weekend, when a caller thanked Land and Morse for their crusade against the "demon of homosexuality," Right Wing Watch reports.
Land replied, "The devil takes pleasure in anything that causes destruction in human society, and the homosexual lifestyle does cause destruction. It’s seen as one of the evidences in the decline of every empire we have seen; studies have shown it became rampant in the Persian Empire, the Greek Empire, the Roman Empire, the British Empire."
Morse later added that nonreligious people are pagans who worship sexuality and "the hedonism, the hedonistic aspect of the culture." She also said that "full-on paganism" could be seen as worshiping sex, "as sex taking on a kind of sacramental role."
According to Right Wing Watch, Land is under investigation by the Southern Baptist Convention, where he has long been a top official, for spouting hateful and possibly plagiarized statements regarding the death of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown