WATCH: Russian Pol Says Gays Rape Children, Fake Hate Crimes
BY Trudy Ring
September 24 2013 4:56 PM ET
A French journalist has videotaped an antigay member of Russia’s Parliament making several outrageous statements, among them that gay people rape children, that reports of violence against LGBT people in Russia are fabricated, and that straight people are frequently victims of hate crimes committed by gays.
Julien Pain of TV network France 24 provided AmericaBlog with the footage of Parliament member Vitaly Milonov. Milonov is the author of the St. Petersburg “gay propaganda” law that became the model for the nationwide law Parliament passed this summer. Pain, in St. Petersburg filming a documentary on the city’s gay community, encountered Milonov a few days ago as the politician was trying to crash Queer Fest, a St. Petersburg LGBT Pride event, and asking police to shut it down, AmericaBlog reports.
Among other things, Milonov objected to the presence of a Dutch government official at the festival. “European country officials support those who rape kids,” he told Pain. “Those support sodomies. I think it would be nice for Dutch people to know that the representative of the Dutch government is supporting those who are against Christians. He fights Christian church.”
When Pain asked him about antigay violence in Russia, Milonov replied, “It’s a fake information. … It’s not true. I think that much violence goes from gay people to straight people. Much more violence.” He also claimed that in France, protesters against the nation’s new marriage equality law were attacked with chemical weapons, like those used against rebels in Syria.
- VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers
- Report: A&E CEO Suspended Robertson for Sake of Gay Employees
- Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet?
- Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- LGBT Activist Goes Missing in Buffalo, Community Rallies
- Travel PHOTOS: Amazing Gay Rodeo Exhibit in Indianapolis 1 hour 44 min ago
- Media Report: A&E CEO Suspended Robertson for Sake of Gay Employees 2 hours 41 min ago
- Media Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet? 3:03 PM
- Media VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers 2:25 PM
- Business Lockheed Martin Cuts Off Money to Antigay Boy Scouts 1:10 PM
- Transgender LGBT Activist Goes Missing, Community Rallies 12:08 PM
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill 6:00 AM