Mary Cheney Marries Her Longtime Partner in D.C.
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
June 22 2012 1:53 PM ET
Former vice president Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter, Mary Cheney, has made an honest woman out of her longtime partner, Heather Poe: According to The Daily Caller, the couple wed in a ceremony this morning in Washington, D.C.Cheney spokeswoman Kara Ahern provided TheDC a statement in which both the former veep and his wife, Lynne, said they were “delighted” the couple could have their “relationship recognized.”The statement went on to say that “Mary and Heather have been in a committed relationship for many years, and we are delighted that they were able to take advantage of the opportunity to have that relationship recognized. Mary and Heather and their children are very important and much loved members of our family and we wish them every happiness.”The couple, who have two kids together, also got well wishes from other high-level politicos, according to TheDC, including Mary Matalin — a former adviser to the veep — who said she was “happy and moved by the blessing of their commitment and strength.”
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?