WATCH: John Boehner 'Can't Imagine' He Would Ever Support Marriage Equality
BY Sunnivie Brydum
March 16 2013 12:46 PM ET
Just days after Republican Sen. Rob Portman announced that he has a gay son, and as such, is reversing his opposition to marriage equality, House Speaker John Boehner said he couldn't imagine a situation where his views were similarly changed.
When ABC's Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz asked the the Republican Speaker if he could imagine a scenario like Portman's where someone Boehner loved came out as gay, the Speaker was stoic.
"I believe that marriage is the union of one man and one woman," said Boehner repeatedly. "It's what I grew up with, it's what I believe, it's what my church teaches me. And I can't imagine that position would ever change."
The full interview will air Sunday on ABC's This Week with George Stephanopolous. Watch the clip below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM