Anderson Cooper Blasts Dallas Anchor for Michael Sam Kiss Reaction
BY Michelle Garcia
May 22 2014 3:25 PM ET
Anderson Cooper has put one Dallas newswoman on his nightly Ridiculist for reacting so negatively to Michael Sam's celebratory kiss with his boyfriend upon being drafted into the NFL, aired on ESPN.
Amy Kushnir, a cohost of the KTXD panel show The Broadcast, said Sam's kiss was "wrong" and that she didn't "want it in my face," then advised Sam and Vito Cammisano to "get a room" before she walked off the set.
Earlier this week she spoke with Glenn Beck and claimed that she has received death threats for the views she expressed, according to Broadcast & Cable.
"To Amy Kushnir's argument that nobody shows football players kissing their wives or girlfriends, that's simply not true, and I don't think she's being honest when she wouldn't want to see that either or she yells 'Get a room' whenever she sees that," Cooper said on his show Monday, illustrating Kushnir's hypocrisy. "If you're uncomfortable seeing some kind of affection ... why not just say that and leave the excuses about why you're uncomfortable where they belong: on 'The Ridiculist.'" Watch below.
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight