Anderson Cooper Blasts Dallas Anchor for Michael Sam Kiss Reaction
BY Michelle Garcia
May 22 2014 3:25 PM ET
Anderson Cooper has put one Dallas newswoman on his nightly Ridiculist for reacting so negatively to Michael Sam's celebratory kiss with his boyfriend upon being drafted into the NFL, aired on ESPN.
Amy Kushnir, a cohost of the KTXD panel show The Broadcast, said Sam's kiss was "wrong" and that she didn't "want it in my face," then advised Sam and Vito Cammisano to "get a room" before she walked off the set.
Earlier this week she spoke with Glenn Beck and claimed that she has received death threats for the views she expressed, according to Broadcast & Cable.
"To Amy Kushnir's argument that nobody shows football players kissing their wives or girlfriends, that's simply not true, and I don't think she's being honest when she wouldn't want to see that either or she yells 'Get a room' whenever she sees that," Cooper said on his show Monday, illustrating Kushnir's hypocrisy. "If you're uncomfortable seeing some kind of affection ... why not just say that and leave the excuses about why you're uncomfortable where they belong: on 'The Ridiculist.'" Watch below.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor