Tebow Heading to Liberty U For Men's Workshop
BY Michelle Garcia
March 05 2013 1:26 PM ET
Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow may have backed out of an appearance at a megachurch, possibly due to pastor Robert Jeffress's extreme views, but he will still appear at the private, religious Liberty University at a men's conference this weekend.
Liberty's Convocation, which takes place throughout each semester, is billed as "North America's largest weekly gathering of Christian students." Tebow's talk on March 8 will be closed to the public, according to a schedule of events acquired by Right Wing Watch.
Tebow's talk will focus on men's issues, complete with Chick-fil-A boxed lunches, and other food options. Workshops will include fishing, football, home defense, marriage, baseball, disaster preparedness, and other topics.
Liberty University was founded by the late televangelist Jerry Falwell. The school bans openly gay students, and has hosted several antigay events.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy