Tebow Heading to Liberty U For Men's Workshop
BY Michelle Garcia
March 05 2013 12:26 PM ET
Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow may have backed out of an appearance at a megachurch, possibly due to pastor Robert Jeffress's extreme views, but he will still appear at the private, religious Liberty University at a men's conference this weekend.
Liberty's Convocation, which takes place throughout each semester, is billed as "North America's largest weekly gathering of Christian students." Tebow's talk on March 8 will be closed to the public, according to a schedule of events acquired by Right Wing Watch.
Tebow's talk will focus on men's issues, complete with Chick-fil-A boxed lunches, and other food options. Workshops will include fishing, football, home defense, marriage, baseball, disaster preparedness, and other topics.
Liberty University was founded by the late televangelist Jerry Falwell. The school bans openly gay students, and has hosted several antigay events.
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 33 min 37 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM