WATCH: R. Kelly Talks for First Time About Trans Son
BY Parker Marie Molloy
June 24 2014 6:18 PM ET
After coming out publicly as a transgender boy last month, Jay Kelly, the soon-to-be 14-year-old son of R&B singer R. Kelly, told his followers on Ask.fm that he's received an outpouring of support. Meanwhile, his famous dad hadn't said anything.
Then on Monday, R. Kelly was asked directly what he thought of his son’s decision to go public by a radio DJ with Chicago’s WGCI. Asked to address the “report of [his] daughter becoming [his] son,” Kelly pushed back.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died