WATCH: R. Kelly Talks for First Time About Trans Son
BY Parker Marie Molloy
June 24 2014 6:18 PM ET
After coming out publicly as a transgender boy last month, Jay Kelly, the soon-to-be 14-year-old son of R&B singer R. Kelly, told his followers on Ask.fm that he's received an outpouring of support. Meanwhile, his famous dad hadn't said anything.
Then on Monday, R. Kelly was asked directly what he thought of his son’s decision to go public by a radio DJ with Chicago’s WGCI. Asked to address the “report of [his] daughter becoming [his] son,” Kelly pushed back.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers