WATCH: R. Kelly Talks for First Time About Trans Son
BY Parker Marie Molloy
June 24 2014 7:18 PM ET
After coming out publicly as a transgender boy last month, Jay Kelly, the soon-to-be 14-year-old son of R&B singer R. Kelly, told his followers on Ask.fm that he's received an outpouring of support. Meanwhile, his famous dad hadn't said anything.
Then on Monday, R. Kelly was asked directly what he thought of his son’s decision to go public by a radio DJ with Chicago’s WGCI. Asked to address the “report of [his] daughter becoming [his] son,” Kelly pushed back.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility