WATCH: R. Kelly Talks for First Time About Trans Son
BY Parker Marie Molloy
June 24 2014 7:18 PM ET
After coming out publicly as a transgender boy last month, Jay Kelly, the soon-to-be 14-year-old son of R&B singer R. Kelly, told his followers on Ask.fm that he's received an outpouring of support. Meanwhile, his famous dad hadn't said anything.
Then on Monday, R. Kelly was asked directly what he thought of his son’s decision to go public by a radio DJ with Chicago’s WGCI. Asked to address the “report of [his] daughter becoming [his] son,” Kelly pushed back.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Editor's Letter: Beware the Snake-Oil Slingers