WATCH: R. Kelly Talks for First Time About Trans Son
BY Parker Marie Molloy
June 24 2014 7:18 PM ET
After coming out publicly as a transgender boy last month, Jay Kelly, the soon-to-be 14-year-old son of R&B singer R. Kelly, told his followers on Ask.fm that he's received an outpouring of support. Meanwhile, his famous dad hadn't said anything.
Then on Monday, R. Kelly was asked directly what he thought of his son’s decision to go public by a radio DJ with Chicago’s WGCI. Asked to address the “report of [his] daughter becoming [his] son,” Kelly pushed back.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Another Marriage Equality Group Calls It Quits
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?