S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants
BY David Artavia
May 17 2013 7:18 PM ET
Couple Will Lenker and James Spinello, owners of Stuff, a vintage furniture and art store in San Francisco, are throwing a fund-raiser for their employee Breanna Sinclaire's breast implants. Sinclaire is a transgender woman in the process of transition.
"Breanna is an amazing and inspirational woman on the inside and out, and we want to help her feel as beautiful in her body as she is to us and the world," says Lenker.
Breanna is blazing a trail for transgender women, being the first ever to be offered a master of music degree at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, which she currently attends. She has starred in many operas including Carmen, La Caliston, The Magic Flute, and Porgy and Bess. She plans to launch a career in Europe after graduation.
Spinello says, "This is a labor of love for us and our friend who has already faced so many challenges in life. If we and others can help her in her transition, there is no one more deserving. Breanna is a truly beautiful soul."
The fund-raiser is set for June 22 from 7 to 11:30 p.m. at Stuff. Tickets can be purchased for $25 at StuffSF.com.
Any amount raised over $8,400 will be donated to other transgender causes.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Texas Couple Who Sued for Marriage License Will Now Receive It
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'