PHOTOS: Sacramento Pride Is So California
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2014 5:00 AM ET
Churches, families, and even the Girl Scouts got in on the fun at the 30th annual Sacramento Pride Festival on the Capitol Mall Saturday. The event is produced by the Sacramento LGBT Community Center. LGBT Community Center president David Heitstuman told The Sacramento Bee, “I think being in the shadows of the capitol is a really fantastic thing. We get our state and local elected officials marching alongside us.” For more information on Sacramento Pride, check out SacramentoPride.org and Facebook.com/SacramentoPride.
See photos from the event on the following pages.
Ugly ducklings turn into swan go-go boys at Pride.
Is that a flamingo on your head, or are you just happy to see us?
Empresses and their attendants.
Wave to the crowd, your highness.
Lady Liberty, visiting from New York.
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Op-ed: Jazz Jennings Is TV's Unsung Trans Heroine