Furor After N.C. School Bans Non-Traditional Families
BY Neal Broverman
November 23 2013 2:13 PM ET
The Myrtle Grove Christian School in Wilmington, N.C. was recently hit with a protest after they enacted a new policy refusing admission to children whose home life includes "homosexual or bisexual activity."
A half-dozen protesters, including children, held signs outside the school declaring Jesus preached love, not hate. Myrtle Grove administrators recently sent letters to families announcing students could get booted if their parents are LGBT. It's not clear whether Myrtle Grove administrators would expel students if their parents are divorced, single, or remarried. According to a Facebook page set up to protest the policy, another demonstration is planned for Sunday.
Watch a local report on the story below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids
- WATCH: Ellen Does Pot Brownies With Matthew McConaughey
- Catholic Clergy Demand That Gay Couple Divorce