Furor After N.C. School Bans Non-Traditional Families
BY Neal Broverman
November 23 2013 2:13 PM ET
The Myrtle Grove Christian School in Wilmington, N.C. was recently hit with a protest after they enacted a new policy refusing admission to children whose home life includes "homosexual or bisexual activity."
A half-dozen protesters, including children, held signs outside the school declaring Jesus preached love, not hate. Myrtle Grove administrators recently sent letters to families announcing students could get booted if their parents are LGBT. It's not clear whether Myrtle Grove administrators would expel students if their parents are divorced, single, or remarried. According to a Facebook page set up to protest the policy, another demonstration is planned for Sunday.
Watch a local report on the story below.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM