Gay Man Severely Beaten in San Diego
BY Neal Broverman
December 25 2013 2:58 PM ET
Three men screamed antigay slurs before hopping out of a car and beating a man with a bat in San Diego during the early hours of Monday.
Dwayne Wynn suffered a broken eye socket, fractured fingers, and three cracked ribs that required 18 stitches in his side. The attack occured in a residential section of Hillcrest, the city's gay neighborhood, and Wynn, who says he thought the men were going to kill him, says he was clearly targeted because he's gay.
"I was laying there,” Wynn told ABC 10 News. “I was covered in blood and I could hear them literally high fiving each other as they're walking to their truck."
Police have very little to go on because Wynn didn't get a good luck at his attackers as it was dark and he was trying to protect himself. Watch ABC 10's report below.
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word