Just Your Friendly Local Preacher Advocating Death to Gays
BY Neal Broverman
May 21 2012 5:35 PM ET
Pastor Charles Worley of Maiden, N.C.'s Providence Road Baptist Church recently told his congregation that lesbians and "queers" should be rounded up, placed in camps with electrified fencing, and left to die.
Worley believes that placing gays in camps will ensure homosexuality dies out since gays "don't reproduce." Worley isn't apologizing for his sermon, saying,"We offer NO apologies in believing the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. If you live in this area or are ever passing through, I invite you to come visit with us at Providence Road Baptist Church."
A protest against Worley and his church is planned for May 27. Read more here.
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 3 min 10 sec ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 9 min 31 sec ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 13 min 2 sec ago
- Books Lambda Literary Awards: Leavitt, Bianchi, Winterson Nominated 21 min 5 sec ago
- Women 19 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Saskia de Brauw 37 min 43 sec ago
- Television Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower 38 min 55 sec ago
- Travel WATCH: Jeff Koons, John Waters Discuss Art 51 min 29 sec ago