Male Student Suspended for Wearing a Skirt
BY Lucas Grindley
May 18 2012 3:29 PM ET
Boys cannot wear skirts, according to one Maryland high school that reportedly suspended a student for doing just that.
NBC4 News in Washington, D.C. reports that Calvert High School punished Warren Evans, who is bisexual, after he showed up wearing high heels, a mini skirt and a long black wig.
"I feel annoyed that they would go out of their way to make it a problem," Evans told the station, "just for me wearing a skirt."
Watch the interview with Evans below.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet