Male Student Suspended for Wearing a Skirt
BY Lucas Grindley
May 18 2012 3:29 PM ET
Boys cannot wear skirts, according to one Maryland high school that reportedly suspended a student for doing just that.
NBC4 News in Washington, D.C. reports that Calvert High School punished Warren Evans, who is bisexual, after he showed up wearing high heels, a mini skirt and a long black wig.
"I feel annoyed that they would go out of their way to make it a problem," Evans told the station, "just for me wearing a skirt."
Watch the interview with Evans below.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families 1 hour 14 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process 1 hour 58 min ago
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile 2 hours 16 min ago
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered 2 hours 29 min ago
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality 2 hours 50 min ago
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 6:15 PM