WATCH: Seventh-Grader's Insightful Story of Two Men in Love
BY Lucas Grindley
February 05 2014 2:20 PM ET
In this meticulously assembled animation from a California seventh-grader, love is pretty simple, but life isn't.
"Even as a little girl in preschool, I remember that I have always known people who were LGBT," said Scarlett Dennis, "and I could never tell any difference between him or her and any one else. We were all just people. This is why I find it so strange that gay marriage is still not legally allowed in some states in America."
Dennis's teacher at her school in Los Angeles assigned the class to create a project on any activist topic, and the result is "The Story of Larry & Gerald."
Watch the video below:
Editor's Note: Scarlett is the daughter of our HR director, and yes, we're very proud.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Meet the Iowa Lesbians Finally Married After 72 Years
- India Gets First Transgender TV News Anchor