WATCH: Seventh-Grader's Insightful Story of Two Men in Love
BY Lucas Grindley
February 05 2014 2:20 PM ET
In this meticulously assembled animation from a California seventh-grader, love is pretty simple, but life isn't.
"Even as a little girl in preschool, I remember that I have always known people who were LGBT," said Scarlett Dennis, "and I could never tell any difference between him or her and any one else. We were all just people. This is why I find it so strange that gay marriage is still not legally allowed in some states in America."
Dennis's teacher at her school in Los Angeles assigned the class to create a project on any activist topic, and the result is "The Story of Larry & Gerald."
Watch the video below:
Editor's Note: Scarlett is the daughter of our HR director, and yes, we're very proud.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- WATCH: Michael Sam Should 'Gay It Up,' Says Daily Show
- 11 Best Moments From the Marriage Argument Everyone's Talking About