Gay Old Time in Britain
BY Neal Broverman
July 28 2012 1:10 PM ET
A young man carrying the Olympic torch through London streets on Thursday kissed his boyfriend, and was greeted with applause by the crowds watching the relay.
Chris Basiurski is a member of the Gay Football Supporters Network, an organization for LGBT soccer players. As he carried the Olympic torch as part of the relay leading up to the Games, Basiurski planted one on his boyfriend, James. He later told GayStarNews that he and James plan to marry soon.
"I'm honored to have carried the torch through London and it was amazing to see and hear all the support from both my family and GFSN members along the route," he said, according to the report.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign