Gay Old Time in Britain
BY Neal Broverman
July 28 2012 1:10 PM ET
A young man carrying the Olympic torch through London streets on Thursday kissed his boyfriend, and was greeted with applause by the crowds watching the relay.
Chris Basiurski is a member of the Gay Football Supporters Network, an organization for LGBT soccer players. As he carried the Olympic torch as part of the relay leading up to the Games, Basiurski planted one on his boyfriend, James. He later told GayStarNews that he and James plan to marry soon.
"I'm honored to have carried the torch through London and it was amazing to see and hear all the support from both my family and GFSN members along the route," he said, according to the report.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality May 22 2013 6:09 PM