Gay Old Time in Britain
BY Neal Broverman
July 28 2012 1:10 PM ET
A young man carrying the Olympic torch through London streets on Thursday kissed his boyfriend, and was greeted with applause by the crowds watching the relay.
Chris Basiurski is a member of the Gay Football Supporters Network, an organization for LGBT soccer players. As he carried the Olympic torch as part of the relay leading up to the Games, Basiurski planted one on his boyfriend, James. He later told GayStarNews that he and James plan to marry soon.
"I'm honored to have carried the torch through London and it was amazing to see and hear all the support from both my family and GFSN members along the route," he said, according to the report.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Mixed Messages: Supreme Court Denies Review of 'Ex-Gay' Therapy Ban, Trans Inmate's Surgery
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?