Gay Old Time in Britain
BY Neal Broverman
July 28 2012 1:10 PM ET
A young man carrying the Olympic torch through London streets on Thursday kissed his boyfriend, and was greeted with applause by the crowds watching the relay.
Chris Basiurski is a member of the Gay Football Supporters Network, an organization for LGBT soccer players. As he carried the Olympic torch as part of the relay leading up to the Games, Basiurski planted one on his boyfriend, James. He later told GayStarNews that he and James plan to marry soon.
"I'm honored to have carried the torch through London and it was amazing to see and hear all the support from both my family and GFSN members along the route," he said, according to the report.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain 1 hour 16 min ago
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 2 hours 51 min ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerkingâ€”and in Calvins 5:44 PM