Gay Old Time in Britain
BY Neal Broverman
July 28 2012 12:10 PM ET
A young man carrying the Olympic torch through London streets on Thursday kissed his boyfriend, and was greeted with applause by the crowds watching the relay.
Chris Basiurski is a member of the Gay Football Supporters Network, an organization for LGBT soccer players. As he carried the Olympic torch as part of the relay leading up to the Games, Basiurski planted one on his boyfriend, James. He later told GayStarNews that he and James plan to marry soon.
"I'm honored to have carried the torch through London and it was amazing to see and hear all the support from both my family and GFSN members along the route," he said, according to the report.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? 42 min 4 sec ago
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season 42 min 57 sec ago
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity 58 min 45 sec ago
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 3:37 PM
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 3:36 PM