Nike To Unveil Gay Pride Sneaker
BY Michelle Garcia
June 08 2013 1:17 PM ET
Nike's latest line of sneakers under its #BeTrue Free Run 5.0 line were released as a nod to gay pride and LGBT people.
Profits of #BeTrue sales will go to the LGBT Sports Coalition, which has set the goal to end the practice of anti-LGBT discrimination in sport by 2016.
The sneaker promises a glove-like fit, with a barefoot running feel. In addition to the shoe, the collection includes sandals, graphic t's and tanks, and an iPhone 5 case.
Nike is sponsoring the second annual LGBT Sports Summit next week in Portland, Ore. Currently, Nike, which has touted its 15-year relationship with LGBT organizations and supporting equality in sport, sponsors top WNBA draft pick and out athlete Brittney Griner, and out NBA veteran Jason Collins.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Butler University President Says Lawmakers Damaged Indiana
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion