Nike To Unveil Gay Pride Sneaker
BY Michelle Garcia
June 08 2013 1:17 PM ET
Nike's latest line of sneakers under its #BeTrue Free Run 5.0 line were released as a nod to gay pride and LGBT people.
Profits of #BeTrue sales will go to the LGBT Sports Coalition, which has set the goal to end the practice of anti-LGBT discrimination in sport by 2016.
The sneaker promises a glove-like fit, with a barefoot running feel. In addition to the shoe, the collection includes sandals, graphic t's and tanks, and an iPhone 5 case.
Nike is sponsoring the second annual LGBT Sports Summit next week in Portland, Ore. Currently, Nike, which has touted its 15-year relationship with LGBT organizations and supporting equality in sport, sponsors top WNBA draft pick and out athlete Brittney Griner, and out NBA veteran Jason Collins.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 3 min 59 sec ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 12 min 45 sec ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 1 hour 2 min ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 1 hour 33 min ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 1 hour 39 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 2 hours 40 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 2 hours 54 min ago