Nike To Unveil Gay Pride Sneaker
BY Michelle Garcia
June 08 2013 12:17 PM ET
Nike's latest line of sneakers under its #BeTrue Free Run 5.0 line were released as a nod to gay pride and LGBT people.
Profits of #BeTrue sales will go to the LGBT Sports Coalition, which has set the goal to end the practice of anti-LGBT discrimination in sport by 2016.
The sneaker promises a glove-like fit, with a barefoot running feel. In addition to the shoe, the collection includes sandals, graphic t's and tanks, and an iPhone 5 case.
Nike is sponsoring the second annual LGBT Sports Summit next week in Portland, Ore. Currently, Nike, which has touted its 15-year relationship with LGBT organizations and supporting equality in sport, sponsors top WNBA draft pick and out athlete Brittney Griner, and out NBA veteran Jason Collins.
- Travel PHOTOS: Australia's First Same-Sex Spouses 3 min 45 sec ago
- Media Should Edie Windsor Be Time's Person of the Year? 16 min 55 sec ago
- Television Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Biopic 2 hours 41 min ago
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 10:41 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 10:34 AM
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 8:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM