5 Things To Know About Brian Boitano
BY Michelle Garcia
February 06 2014 8:00 AM ET
2. In 1988, Boitano got to fulfill his dream of skating on a glacier. It was for a photo shoot. "At one point, the director wanted a shot of me sliding into the snow and then just lying there. He told me to lie in the snow and that the helicopter would pull back and get a shot from the air. So I slid into the snow and waited. The helicopter didn’t budge, so I kept waiting. I was getting colder and colder, but I didn’t want to get up and ruin the shot, because I knew I’d have to do the whole thing over again. Finally, the assistant ran out with the thermal blanket, yelling, 'Enough, enough! He’s not moving!' Maybe she thought the director had killed me."
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'