5 Things To Know About Brian Boitano
BY Michelle Garcia
February 06 2014 8:00 AM ET
2. In 1988, Boitano got to fulfill his dream of skating on a glacier. It was for a photo shoot. "At one point, the director wanted a shot of me sliding into the snow and then just lying there. He told me to lie in the snow and that the helicopter would pull back and get a shot from the air. So I slid into the snow and waited. The helicopter didn’t budge, so I kept waiting. I was getting colder and colder, but I didn’t want to get up and ruin the shot, because I knew I’d have to do the whole thing over again. Finally, the assistant ran out with the thermal blanket, yelling, 'Enough, enough! He’s not moving!' Maybe she thought the director had killed me."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player