Meet The LGBT Allies Headed to Sochi
BY Michelle Garcia
February 06 2014 8:00 AM ET
Alex Duckworth, snowboarding, Canada
Duckworth was one of the several dozen athletes who signed a letter urging the International Olympic Committee to ensure that LGBT athletes and spectators will be protected from discrimination at the games by updating Principle 6 of the Olympic Charter.
Dustin Brown, hockey, USA
Brown, who plays for the Los Angeles Kings, is one of the members of the You Can Play project encouraging open LGBT participation in sports.
Steven Stamkos, hockey, Canada
Stamkos, who plays for the Tampa Bay Lightning, is also a member of the You Can Play project.
Corey Perry, hockey, Canada
Perry, who plays for the Anaheim Ducks, is a member of the You Can Play project, as well.
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary