Take a Look Back: Gay at the Prom
BY Michelle Garcia
June 20 2012 5:00 AM ET
Michael Warwick, 1989: I was given the jacket by my grandfather, who bought it for a cruise in the '60s. I made my date, Sarah Harlin, buy a dress to match. What you don't see is the top hat I wore on the way to the event. And we had no idea we would match the photographer's curtain,too.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Analysis: Nope, Same-Sex Marriage Doesn't Dissuade Straight People from Getting Married
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'