Bookshelf: Five Great Overlooked Lesbian Books From 2012
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 17 2012 5:00 AM ET
Something Spectacular: The True Story of One Rockette's Battle With Bulimia by Greta Gleissner (Seal Press)
After she fulfilled a longtime dream to become a Rockette, the famous dancers who perform at Radio City Music Hall in New York, author Greta Gleissner swore she'd change her life. Unfortunately, her habit of bingeing and purging got worse, and the dancer fell into the grip of an eating disorder that poisoned her life "from the inside out." As her struggle to look like the other Rockettes intensifies, Gleissner goes on a search of self-discovery that reveals not only her sense of inadequacy but also her unspoken queerness. (SealPress.com)
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?