NOM's Brian Brown: Condemning Antigay Superman Writer is Wrong
BY Michelle Garcia
February 19 2013 3:20 PM ET
The president of the National Organization for Marriage said that it's wrong for pro-gay advocates to condemn DC Comics for bringing Orson Scott Card to work on the Adventures of Superman series, and possibly by ruining his career.
Orson Scott Card, a NOM board member who opposes marriage equality and believes the political "left is at war with the family," will work on the next Superman series. Since then, a petition to drop Card from DC's roster has started circulating, and some like comic book store owner Richard Neal says his shop, Zeus Comics, will not carry the comics.
"This is completely un-American and it needs to be stopped," Brown told Fox News according to Conservative HQ. "Simply because we stand up for traditional marriage, some people feel like it is OK to target us for intimidation and punishment."
Brown later added, "We can disagree on core issues -- but can we do so in such a way where we don't try to hurt or intimidate each other?"
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 1 hour 14 min ago
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM