More kudos for Billy Elliot
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 09 2001 1:00 AM ET
Billy Elliot, the acclaimed film from gay director Stephen Daldry, continues to rack up awardsthe Jam! Movies Web site reports that the film is one of five feature films to receive the Christopher Award, given to works that affirm the highest values of the human spirit. Besides the gay-inclusive Billy, the award was also given to My Dog Skip, Finding Forrester (from out director Gus Van Sant), Remember the Titans, and Cast Away. Television and cable winners include the Take This Sabbath Day episode of NBCs The West Wing, the History Channels Founding Fathers, the Eleanor Roosevelt segment of the PBS documentary series American Experience, TNTs Baby and Freedom Song, PBSs Seeing Red, and HBOs Cancer: Evolution to Revolution. The awards will be presented February 22.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either