Four more awards for Billy Elliot
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
Billy Elliot continues its winning ways on its home turf, with four awards from the London Film Critics Circle, reports BBC News. Gay first-time filmmaker Stephen Daldry received Best British Director, while the films 14-year-old star, Jamie Bell, was named Best Newcomer. Julie Walters, nominated this week for a Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for her work in the gay-inclusive film, won Best British Actress, while Greg Brenman and Jonathan Finn were given the British Producer of the Year award.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
Sign Up For Email Updates
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 16 min 54 sec ago
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! May 21 2013 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. May 21 2013 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' May 21 2013 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude May 21 2013 8:00 PM