Four more awards for Billy Elliot
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
Billy Elliot continues its winning ways on its home turf, with four awards from the London Film Critics Circle, reports BBC News. Gay first-time filmmaker Stephen Daldry received Best British Director, while the films 14-year-old star, Jamie Bell, was named Best Newcomer. Julie Walters, nominated this week for a Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for her work in the gay-inclusive film, won Best British Actress, while Greg Brenman and Jonathan Finn were given the British Producer of the Year award.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- WATCH: This Dancing Cop Is Absolutely New York's Finest!