Four more awards for Billy Elliot
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
Billy Elliot continues its winning ways on its home turf, with four awards from the London Film Critics Circle, reports BBC News. Gay first-time filmmaker Stephen Daldry received Best British Director, while the films 14-year-old star, Jamie Bell, was named Best Newcomer. Julie Walters, nominated this week for a Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for her work in the gay-inclusive film, won Best British Actress, while Greg Brenman and Jonathan Finn were given the British Producer of the Year award.
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home