Four more awards for Billy Elliot
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
Billy Elliot continues its winning ways on its home turf, with four awards from the London Film Critics Circle, reports BBC News. Gay first-time filmmaker Stephen Daldry received Best British Director, while the films 14-year-old star, Jamie Bell, was named Best Newcomer. Julie Walters, nominated this week for a Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for her work in the gay-inclusive film, won Best British Actress, while Greg Brenman and Jonathan Finn were given the British Producer of the Year award.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?