WGA honors Doug Wright
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that openly gay screenwriter Doug Wright (Quills) will receive the Writers Guild of Americas Paul Selvin Award, given to recognize the spirit of civil rights and liberties. Quills deals with the imprisonment of the Marquis de Sade and the French governments attempts to censor his writing. The award will be presented March 4 at the WGAs 53rd annual awards; past recipients include Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski, David E. Kelley, Gary Ross, and George Stevens, Jr.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'