WGA honors Doug Wright
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that openly gay screenwriter Doug Wright (Quills) will receive the Writers Guild of Americas Paul Selvin Award, given to recognize the spirit of civil rights and liberties. Quills deals with the imprisonment of the Marquis de Sade and the French governments attempts to censor his writing. The award will be presented March 4 at the WGAs 53rd annual awards; past recipients include Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski, David E. Kelley, Gary Ross, and George Stevens, Jr.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word