Gay director gets Minnie Driver for new film
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 07 2001 1:00 AM ET
Richard Kwietniowski, the openly gay filmmaker behind Love and Death on Long Island, will direct Minnie Driver and Philip Seymour Hoffman in Owning Molony, reports Variety. The film, cowritten by Kwietniowski and Maurice Chauvet from Gary Rosss nonfiction book Stung, tells the story of how a mild-mannered Toronto bank manager with a gambling problem gambles away $12 million of the $20 million account to which he had unsupervised access. Hoffman will play the manager, and Driver will portray his girlfriend.
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Indiana Scrambling to 'Clarify' Discriminatory Law