Lawyers group balks at First Years
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 15 2001 1:00 AM ET
The American Lawyers Public Image Association has come out against NBCs upcoming new show, First Years. Deeming the lawyer dramedy as a disservice to the entire legal profession and, ultimately, to the general public as well, ALPIA national director Nader Anise claims, Lawyers just cant catch a break. It is perhaps the networks stated intent to portray lawyers as bottom feeders and appropriately screwed up that ALPIA finds most upsetting. Anise adds, At the very least, wed like to see a disclaimer aired before every show. So far the presence of a gay lawyer character (portrayed by Mackenzie Astin) has not provoked any specific complaints, but stay tuned.
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House