Lawyers group balks at First Years
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 15 2001 1:00 AM ET
The American Lawyers Public Image Association has come out against NBCs upcoming new show, First Years. Deeming the lawyer dramedy as a disservice to the entire legal profession and, ultimately, to the general public as well, ALPIA national director Nader Anise claims, Lawyers just cant catch a break. It is perhaps the networks stated intent to portray lawyers as bottom feeders and appropriately screwed up that ALPIA finds most upsetting. Anise adds, At the very least, wed like to see a disclaimer aired before every show. So far the presence of a gay lawyer character (portrayed by Mackenzie Astin) has not provoked any specific complaints, but stay tuned.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Cop Who Pushed Don Lemon in Ferguson Retires
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- How Proud Is the Proud Whopper?