GLAADs Laura Watch reports renewed activity at studio
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 24 2001 1:00 AM ET
Although Paramount Television states that its struggling advice show Dr. Laura, featuring Laura Schlessinger, had resumed production earlier this month, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation reports that activity, such as the presence of production staff and audience members, has only recently been spotted at the Canoga Park, Calif., studios where the show is taped. This is the first indication of taping activity since February 9. Industry insiders suggest that old Dr. Laura segments are simply being repackaged with the addition of new material as Paramounts way of discharging its 195-episode commitment.
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting