GLAADs Laura Watch reports renewed activity at studio
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 24 2001 1:00 AM ET
Although Paramount Television states that its struggling advice show Dr. Laura, featuring Laura Schlessinger, had resumed production earlier this month, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation reports that activity, such as the presence of production staff and audience members, has only recently been spotted at the Canoga Park, Calif., studios where the show is taped. This is the first indication of taping activity since February 9. Industry insiders suggest that old Dr. Laura segments are simply being repackaged with the addition of new material as Paramounts way of discharging its 195-episode commitment.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'