Screen Idol Awards announced
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 21 2001 12:00 AM ET
Outfest, the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, announced the recipients of the first annual Outfest Screen Idol Awards. Vanessa Redgrave will be honored for her performance as the grieving lesbian in If These Walls Could Talk 2, while Robert Downey Jr. will receive an award for his work as the gay book editor in the comedy Wonder Boys. The winners were determined by over 5,000 online ballots cast. The Screen Idol Awards were created to honor the best performances by an actor and actress in a gay, lesbian, bisexual, or trangendered role in a feature film or film made for television. The awards will be presented at a time and location not yet announced.
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Love Is Strange: A Love Story for Our Times
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Op-ed: What's Missing From Recent Trans Marriage Victory Celebrations?
- Snow White and the Seven Bottoms Will Take Bite of Big Apple