James Gandolfini says Julia Roberts made him gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 27 2001 11:00 PM ET
It was the direct intervention of Julia Roberts that made Sopranos star James Gandolfini take the role of the gay hit man in the film The Mexican, according to The [London] Mirror. Gandolfini admits, Julia wanted me to do it, and I didnt want to do anything that was completely different from Tony Soprano, as I didnt have a lot of time to do any research. It was a little bit different, but it seemed to fit with me, so I figured, what the hell? For her part, Roberts told the paper, Its so amazing what James does with Tony Soprano. Here he is, a cold-blooded killer. And we love him! Thats quite an achievement.
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?'
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Gay Politics - Marriage Equality, Gay Rights, Anti-Discrimination
- Entertainment News WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres' First Trailer for the Oscars December 19 2013 11:06 PM
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay December 19 2013 8:42 PM
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies December 19 2013 8:10 PM
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film December 19 2013 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out December 19 2013 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain December 19 2013 6:33 PM
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny December 19 2013 6:18 PM