James Gandolfini says Julia Roberts made him gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 28 2001 12:00 AM ET
It was the direct intervention of Julia Roberts that made Sopranos star James Gandolfini take the role of the gay hit man in the film The Mexican, according to The [London] Mirror. Gandolfini admits, Julia wanted me to do it, and I didnt want to do anything that was completely different from Tony Soprano, as I didnt have a lot of time to do any research. It was a little bit different, but it seemed to fit with me, so I figured, what the hell? For her part, Roberts told the paper, Its so amazing what James does with Tony Soprano. Here he is, a cold-blooded killer. And we love him! Thats quite an achievement.
- Larry King Is Confused By Anna Paquin's 'Non-Practicing' Bisexuality
- The Peculiarity of Black Trans Male Privilege
- Daddy, What Does 'Gay' Mean?
- #TBT: Famous Moments On the Wrong Side of History
- Tyler Oakley Could Be The First Gay Person You Ever Met
- Janet Mock On OKCupid, And Changing Your Race On Take Part Live