Shane Meier set to star in NBCs The Matthew Shepard Story
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 01 2001 12:00 AM ET
Canadian actor Shane Meier will be playing the lead in the NBC film The Matthew Shepard Story, which is set to begin filming in May. Variety reports that Stockard Channing and Sam Waterston are also attached to the project. The story of the victim of a gay hate crime in Wyoming, which galvanized public sentiment at the time, is a far cry from Meiers previous job, completing the first season of the Animal Planet series Call of the Wild, based on the Jack London novel.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community