Shane Meier set to star in NBCs The Matthew Shepard Story
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 30 2001 11:00 PM ET
Canadian actor Shane Meier will be playing the lead in the NBC film The Matthew Shepard Story, which is set to begin filming in May. Variety reports that Stockard Channing and Sam Waterston are also attached to the project. The story of the victim of a gay hate crime in Wyoming, which galvanized public sentiment at the time, is a far cry from Meiers previous job, completing the first season of the Animal Planet series Call of the Wild, based on the Jack London novel.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View