Southern Comfort wins prize in Toronto
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 09 2001 12:00 AM ET
U.S. documentarian Kate Davis took two top prizes for her transsexual love story, Southern Comfort, at this years Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival in Toronto, according to Variety. Southern Comfort took the Audience Award as well as the Silver Award for Best International Documentary. The film follows the last year in the life of Robert Eads, a Georgia transsexual who died of ovarian cancer after doctors refused to treat him.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'