Southern Comfort wins prize in Toronto
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 09 2001 12:00 AM ET
U.S. documentarian Kate Davis took two top prizes for her transsexual love story, Southern Comfort, at this years Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival in Toronto, according to Variety. Southern Comfort took the Audience Award as well as the Silver Award for Best International Documentary. The film follows the last year in the life of Robert Eads, a Georgia transsexual who died of ovarian cancer after doctors refused to treat him.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor