Southern Comfort wins prize in Toronto
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 09 2001 12:00 AM ET
U.S. documentarian Kate Davis took two top prizes for her transsexual love story, Southern Comfort, at this years Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival in Toronto, according to Variety. Southern Comfort took the Audience Award as well as the Silver Award for Best International Documentary. The film follows the last year in the life of Robert Eads, a Georgia transsexual who died of ovarian cancer after doctors refused to treat him.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Russian Army Sings 'Barbie Girl'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality