The Forsaken: Gayer than it meant to be?
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 08 2001 11:00 PM ET
TV Guide Online points out that the horror movie The Forsaken, which stars Kerr Smith (Dawsons Creek, The Broken Hearts Club) and Brendan Fehr (Roswell), seems to have a decidedly homoerotic subtext. Smith insists that theres no gay twist in the movie, yet the female love interest, played by Izabella Miko, has hardly any lines, while Smith and Fehr apparently get lots of eye contact and say things like I heard a noise, and I was worried about you. Further eye candy is provided by Johnathon Schaech (That Thing You Do!) and Simon Rex (Jack & Jill, not to mention Young, Hard and Solo #3). Smith continues to insist, Theres nothing like that. Its not a bad thingIm just saying, that was not our intention.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World