The Forsaken: Gayer than it meant to be?
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 09 2001 12:00 AM ET
TV Guide Online points out that the horror movie The Forsaken, which stars Kerr Smith (Dawsons Creek, The Broken Hearts Club) and Brendan Fehr (Roswell), seems to have a decidedly homoerotic subtext. Smith insists that theres no gay twist in the movie, yet the female love interest, played by Izabella Miko, has hardly any lines, while Smith and Fehr apparently get lots of eye contact and say things like I heard a noise, and I was worried about you. Further eye candy is provided by Johnathon Schaech (That Thing You Do!) and Simon Rex (Jack & Jill, not to mention Young, Hard and Solo #3). Smith continues to insist, Theres nothing like that. Its not a bad thingIm just saying, that was not our intention.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- 18 Camp Classic Musicals That Make Us Sing
- 12 Quotes Proving Harvey Milk Still Gives Us Hope
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either