The Forsaken: Gayer than it meant to be?
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 09 2001 12:00 AM ET
TV Guide Online points out that the horror movie The Forsaken, which stars Kerr Smith (Dawsons Creek, The Broken Hearts Club) and Brendan Fehr (Roswell), seems to have a decidedly homoerotic subtext. Smith insists that theres no gay twist in the movie, yet the female love interest, played by Izabella Miko, has hardly any lines, while Smith and Fehr apparently get lots of eye contact and say things like I heard a noise, and I was worried about you. Further eye candy is provided by Johnathon Schaech (That Thing You Do!) and Simon Rex (Jack & Jill, not to mention Young, Hard and Solo #3). Smith continues to insist, Theres nothing like that. Its not a bad thingIm just saying, that was not our intention.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House