Elton John bows out of BBC appearance
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 25 2001 11:00 PM ET
Elton John decided not to come to the taping of the BBC show Have I Got News for You at the last minute, pleading he was too tired, according to the British tabloid The Sun. The quiz show features two teams of two people, so the absence left producers scrambling at the last minute for a replacement, which they were unable to find. The show will go out showing an empty seat where the singer was supposed to have been. The flamboyant performer should consider himself fortunate, however; according to the BBC version of this story, when Labour Party leader Roy Hattersley failed to show up for his taping, viewers saw a tub of lard occupying the politicians chair.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM