The Invention of Love and The Play About the Baby best plays of the year
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2001 12:00 AM ET
The yearbook Best Plays of 20002001 includes The Invention of Love, Tom Stoppards play about gay British scholar A.E. Housman, as one of the 10 best plays of the past year, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Gay author Edward Albees The Play About the Baby was also chosen. The plays were chosen by editor Jeffrey Eric Jenkins after a consultation with the yearbooks editorial board from the pool of plays that opened in New York between June 1, 2000, and May 31, 2001.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- California Sen. Seeks Bar Review for Lawyer with ‘Kill the Gays’ Proposition