The Invention of Love and The Play About the Baby best plays of the year
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2001 12:00 AM ET
The yearbook Best Plays of 20002001 includes The Invention of Love, Tom Stoppards play about gay British scholar A.E. Housman, as one of the 10 best plays of the past year, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Gay author Edward Albees The Play About the Baby was also chosen. The plays were chosen by editor Jeffrey Eric Jenkins after a consultation with the yearbooks editorial board from the pool of plays that opened in New York between June 1, 2000, and May 31, 2001.
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend