The Invention of Love and The Play About the Baby best plays of the year
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2001 12:00 AM ET
The yearbook Best Plays of 20002001 includes The Invention of Love, Tom Stoppards play about gay British scholar A.E. Housman, as one of the 10 best plays of the past year, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Gay author Edward Albees The Play About the Baby was also chosen. The plays were chosen by editor Jeffrey Eric Jenkins after a consultation with the yearbooks editorial board from the pool of plays that opened in New York between June 1, 2000, and May 31, 2001.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs