The Invention of Love and The Play About the Baby best plays of the year
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2001 12:00 AM ET
The yearbook Best Plays of 20002001 includes The Invention of Love, Tom Stoppards play about gay British scholar A.E. Housman, as one of the 10 best plays of the past year, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Gay author Edward Albees The Play About the Baby was also chosen. The plays were chosen by editor Jeffrey Eric Jenkins after a consultation with the yearbooks editorial board from the pool of plays that opened in New York between June 1, 2000, and May 31, 2001.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Rachel Maddow: The Fox News Debate Is 'Rigged'
- PHOTOS: Vancouver Shares the Spirit