The Invention of Love and The Play About the Baby best plays of the year
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 29 2001 11:00 PM ET
The yearbook Best Plays of 20002001 includes The Invention of Love, Tom Stoppards play about gay British scholar A.E. Housman, as one of the 10 best plays of the past year, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Gay author Edward Albees The Play About the Baby was also chosen. The plays were chosen by editor Jeffrey Eric Jenkins after a consultation with the yearbooks editorial board from the pool of plays that opened in New York between June 1, 2000, and May 31, 2001.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment